Thursday, June 17, 2010

Warnemunde, Germany

A quick post about my day in Warnemunde, Germany. The day was busy for those going to Berlin. They had a 6:30 meet. From what I could gather, the first train was reserved for excursions only. If you were on your own, you couldn’t take the train, but I may be wrong. Kirstyn and I decided to stay in Warnemunde. We did the “Rostock’s Regional Highlights” tour. It started at 8:45; so technically, we got to sleep in,
The tour was nice. We took the bus into Rostock and toured the town. We visited St. Mary’s church. It was originally a Catholic church, but is now a Lutheran church. We also visited a monastery where the young woman stayed from age 10 and up. The guide explained that the guests were the younger daughter’s that the parents could not afford to marry off. After the city tour, we visited a micro brewery where we got to sample their brew and have a German pretzel. Finally, we took a ferry boat back to the Magic.

Now I know I am boring, but the first thing I did when I got on board is make a dash to the Laundromat. I figured this would be the best time, as most of the boat was away for the day. Turned out I was right, as when I got to the Laundromat, it was empty! After laundry, we delivered our FE gifts (it is a DIS thing!), and went to dinner. We were the only one at our table tonight. What fun. It was nice to have a quiet dinner for two. Our waiter, Louis, surprised us with a sample of Indian curry. Kirstyn surprised me by trying some. It was quite spicy and the look on her face was priceless.

The evening was quiet. We basically did Karaoke and made flubber, then it was off to bed. Tonight the clocks went forward again! Tomorrow is a sea day!

No comments:

Post a Comment