Thursday, June 17, 2010

Copenhagen, Denmark

A little slow on this post, but I’ll try to remember all the details. Today we stopped in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our tour today was “Panoramic tour of Copenhagen and Carlsberg Brewery”. The tour was at 12:30, so we got to sleep in a little. We did get up, but I missed breakfast by 10 minutes. Kirstyn did get up and get herself some. She did bring me back a doughnut, but that was it. I had to wait until 11 am and had a slice of pizza for breakfast. Oh the life of a cruiser!!!!

Today’s tour started off uneventful. We had a lovely tour of Copenhagen. We got to see the residence of the royal family and got to see the second largest yacht in the world. Unfortunately for us, the Little Mermaid statue is on vacation in Shanghai, so we got to see a video screen of here in China.

Next, we made our way to the brewery, and as we arrived, the rain finally fell. It rained and hailed, and there was even lightning and thunder. I felt sorry for those out on the street. The tour was self guided, so Kirstyn and I enjoyed the leisurely walk. For those that don’t know me, my dad spent some time in Copenhagen at the Brewery. He worked on the Canadian Carlsberg campaign. I was hoping to see some mention of him, but alas there was none. At least I felt I was walking somewhere he had been. At the end of the tour, we got to sample some beer.

Tonight’s dinner was the animated show at Animator’s Palette. The meals are starting to meld together, and I think it was the Beef Tenderloin that I had. It was good, whatever it was. After dinner we went to the “Once upon a Song” show, featuring five staff members. Kirstyn was the lucky one chosen to dance with one of the male performers. I think I will be sitting in the aisle seat from now on! Next was the “Who wants to be a Mouseketeer?”show and karaoke. Kirstyn sang “Part of this world”. She did really good!

So that was our day in Copenhagen. Tomorrow we are off to Warnemunde, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment